I am a creative professional with a focus in the professional live event, audio, and social media fields. I am an admitted early adopter of new technologies. I believe in innovation and creativity. I look to partner with clients and organizations that are producing content, whether audio, video, or live events involving music, digital and social media, and more.
Freelance Media Producer & Live Production Consultant – Nationwide, Present
* Work with clients to identify issues related to project and prepare analysis of situation.
* Develop strategy to solve identified issues in client’s budget and timeframe.
* Use digital media, both audio and visual, to develop client’s brand.
* Employ social media to further brand reach.
* For audio, train client team members in specific live production techniques.
Freelance Audio Engineer & Music Producer – Nationwide 2008-Present
* Work with clients to creatively enhance their music.
* Record, edit, and mix multiple audio tracks into final mixes.
* Play multiple instruments on recordings.
* Work with artists every step of recording process to produce professional recordings.
* Mix monitor wedges and in-ears for artists to achieve proper live onstage mix.
* Competent with analog and digital consoles, line array, wireless, etc.
Creative Director, Catalyst Church – Morgantown, WV 2011-2013
* Design and implement creative environment for weekly services, including lighting and video.
* Produce in-house band consisting of up to eight members.
* Train individuals on digital audio console, good audio practices, and efficient communication.
* Design all marketing materials, both for print and digital formats.
* Maintain social media presence through Facebook, Twitter, website, and Google+.
Rigger & Stage Manager, Christ In Youth – Nationwide tour 2011
* Review and implement rigging plots as provided by client; responsible for all rigging of truss and motors.
* Work with client to develop workarounds for rigging based on specific venue requirements
* Manage artists back stage; work with production manager on all stage-specific needs.
* Assist in load-in/out of all live events.
Creative Stage Designer, Simply Youth Ministry Conference – Chicago, IL 2011
* Work with programming staff and event visionaries to design main stage piece for live event.
* Design and develop strategy to implement rotating interactive wall for onstage display.
* Design and build rotating wall onsite; communicate vision with onsite production company.
* Assist live artist with session-by-session building of rotating wall.
Production Manager, North Liberty Church of Christ – North Liberty, IN 2008-2011
* Manage weekly production requirements for services; audio, video, lighting, etc.
* Work with Creative Arts Team to develop cohesive production strategies relevant to programming; implement these in live events.
* Recruit and train individuals to serve on specific production teams.
* Create, implement, and manage production budget for new equipment acquisitions.
Freelance Music Producer & Audio Engineer – Northern IN 2008-2011
* Provide sound/PA and front of house engineering. Setup and teardown of live events.
* Artist and stage management for clients; advance shows with artists and venues.
* Studio recording, mixing, producing and engineering of songs and albums for artists .
* Write and produce music with various local artists for personal repertoire.
Tour Production Manager, Christ In Youth – Joplin, MO | Nationwide 2008-2009
* Advance shows to venues and coordinate with local unions.
* Maintain annual operating budget of $800,000.00.
* Responsible for team of 15 members across nationwide tour.
* Design, build sets for, and manage off-site film shoots.
West Virginia University – Philosophy 2013
University of Phoenix — Business Administration & Organizational Innovation, 2008
The Conservatory of Recording Arts & Sciences, Tempe, AZ — Master Recording II, 2008
101st Airborne Division, United States Army — 2004-2008
Ivy Tech State College – South Bend, IN — Web Design, 3D Animation 2002
Social Media: Proficient with wide variety of platforms, online etiquette, and how they interact.
Adobe CS Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, etc.
Websites: Squarespace, WordPress, HTML, etc.
Photography: DSLR, 35mm, portraits, landscape, conflict photography, etc
Video: Final Cut X, shooting/editing, voiceovers, etc.
Set Design: Mockups in Google Sketchup, fabrication, assembly, etc.
General: Mac OSX, Windows, Google Docs/Drive, cloud computing, Evernote, storyboarding, etc.
Certifications: ProTools, WAVES, Smaart, Autotune, Sennheiser
Consoles: SSL, Digidesign, , Midas, Neotek , Neve, Yamaha, Mackie, Tascam, etc.
Recorders: Otari MTR 90, Studer A827, Alesis HD24, Alesis Masterlink, etc.
Outboard gear: Manley, TC Electronic, dbx, Yamaha, BBE, Presonus, Alesis, etc.
Software/Plug-ins: ProTools HD, Logic Pro, WAVES, Smaart, Autotune, etc.
Microphones: AKG, Audio Technica, Beyerdynamic, Blue, Sennheiser, Rode, Neumann, Shure, etc.
Live Sound/General: Rigging/line array/speaker time alignment, room eq; basic/intermediate equipment repair; various mic techniques; sound design; surround sound mixing; load-in/out management; show advancing; nationwide touring experience.
- Founder - www.Josh-Walker.com
* Cover relevant modern-day music issues as well as reviews of bands, gear, and more.
* Drive traffic to site through Twitter and Facebook marketing.
* Manage SEO tools and analytics to determine how best to shape content.
- Consultant – Safeharbor Christian Church (Orlando, FL)
* Assess live sound, video, and lighting situation of existing setup.
* Work with client to develop production acquisition strategy within their budget.
* On-site installation of new audio console, snake, and monitor amps.
* Train client team members on new digital console.
* Work with client to develop long-term project phases within budget and timeframe.
* Develop client-specific resources for client’s reference and use after the project.
- Consultant – Simply Youth Ministry Conference (Chicago)
* Production liaison between artists and host production company.
* Convert artist’s and client’s preliminary drawings into 3 dimensional renderings.
* Work with artist on creative level to develop interactive 12’x12’ rotating wall.
* Setup, stage management, and teardown during actual event.
- Consultant – Marshall County Blueberry Festival; Entertainment (Indiana)
* Responsible for booking and coordinating logistics with artists.
* Liaison between festival, artists, and management.
* Provide front of house audio engineering for bands.
* General stage management and scheduling.
- Consultant – United Way of Porter County (Indiana) in production of 2010 Battle of the Bands
* Helped create social media and marketing strategy.
* Advised United Way board members on audio & video needs.
* Sat in as one of three music industry panel judges during actual event.
- Board member – Encore Performing Arts of Marshall County (Indiana) – 2009-2011
* Consult Encore board on a regular basis in regards to marketing and social media strategy.
* Built website and used Facebook, Twitter, and blogs to drive online traffic to website.
* Assist in booking artists and advancing logistics and contracts.
* Provide sound and front of house audio engineering for live music events.
- Board member – Arts Council of Marshall County (Indiana) – 2009-2011
* Create and implement website and blog for ACMC; maintain digital artist registry database.
* Manage social media via Twitter, Facebook, and cross promote on local websites and blogs.
- Social media speaker
* Ongoing education to colleagues on current and innovative practices for social media.
* Presenter for Marshall County Builders Association in Northern Indiana – February 2010.